- Our new article about social networks among the older Chinese population in the USA has just published online! Please click to read the article.
- We are dedicated to improving health and well-being of Chinese populations through research, education, training, and sustainable community developments.
- Dr. Xinqi Dong's new book is coming out in 2017! Title—Elder Abuse: Research, Practice, and Policy, a comprehensive review of elder abuse issues.
- The study reports provide our research findings regarding Chinese families in the greater Chicago area.
- The PINE newsletter provides updates about our work, as well as spotlights on our staff, community partners, and participants.
Who We Are
The Chinese Health, Aging, and Policy Program is built on a synergistic community-academic collaborative partnership between Rush Institute for Healthy Aging, Northwestern University, and many community-based social services agencies with Chinese American Service League and Xilin Asian Community Center as the main community partners.
Dr. Xinqi Dong's new book is coming out in 2017!
Title—Elder Abuse: Research, Practice, and Policy, a comprehensive review of elder abuse issues.
We just began our third wave of the PIETY Study. Please check the current issue for more information.
The PINE Study is a community-based participatory population study in the greater Chicago area. We investigated more than 3000 older adults to better understand thier health and well-being.
The piety study aims to find out factors impacting the health and aging of Chinese older adults from the perspectives and experiences of adult children
To our knowledge, the PINE study represents the largest cohort of Chinese older adults for epidemiological research in Western countries. If you are interested in using our data, please submit your data sharing request.
PINE Study Codebook contains our survey instruments and corresponding codes for data analysis. If you are interested in applying for data sharing request for the PINE Study, please check our PINE Study codebook.